Saturday, June 6, 2009

Convergence: Fun with Blogging

So I've been rubbish at posting, but if it's any consolation, I've not been doing much that was worth writing about. Finals time came and took over my life. But I'm now happy to report that finals are over (!) and I am left with a bit less than a month to just enjoy London life. I've decided I will therefore be very good about posting here, if only so my parents know I'm alive and well during what will like be a little contact time.

So to begin, I finished my finals last Monday. We celebrated...exactly as you would expect. Bar outside of campus, pub in Shoreditch with a bit of live music.

Tuesday my friend from college back home came to visit, so we toured around London, taking in Evensong at St. Paul's Cathedral. And they had the boys choir singing, right under the dome, so just a beautiful, truly angelic music.

Wednesday we packed up lunch with a bunch of friends and headed to Regent's Park for a picnic. The weather held and gave us an amazing London day, surrounded by at least 100 different varieties of roses. Then that night we got student tickets (only 20gbp!) to see The Lion King on stage. What a great show! I can't believe I haven't seen it before. Beyond the great music and singing, the technical aspects were just amazing. Remember the scene with the wildebeast rampage? It looked absolutely phenomenal (that was with a French accent, because my visiting friend has been in Paris all year).

Have to run, but more (and hopefully some pictures...) later!

No comments: